Corporate Income tax ACTIVITIES TAX RATE Agriculture 0% Commercial and service activities, real estate, rental companies, banks, insurance and fund management comp,...
Competitive operating costs
- Very competitive wages: Sudan has a minimum wage of $97/month (minimum page wage for workers in the public sector);
- Competitive electricity tariffs for industry at about $0.04 per KWh.
Medium Voltage: 35,000 KWh/Month
Source: Comparative study of electricity tariffs used in Africa – December 2009 UPDEA
- An attractive corporate income tax rate of 10% for industrial projects.
Source: Guide to Fiscal Information: Key Economies in Africa, Deloitte, 2013/2014
A country of untapped resources
- Abundant raw materials for transformation especially from natural resources such as: Oil, minerals, cotton, leather, livestock, sesame seeds, and gum Arabic among others; See our Key Sectors for more information.
Available skilled and unskilled workforce
- Abundant labor (estimated 15% unemployment) with different level of skills: there are over 50 private universities and colleges, 18 public technical colleges and 30 public universities with over 85,000 yearly graduates;
Access to Africa´s largest Regional Economic Community in Africa
- Sudan is a member of COMESA, the Community of East and South African States providing access to a market of 445 million people.